Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Handle the weather day by day...

August is already here but it doesn't give me that much of an excitement due to the fact that it continues to get warmer and warmer than it already has been in June and July. However, I will try to handle each day as a blessing and to endure the heat. Although I do always look forward to the wonderful time of the year called AUTUMN!!!! I will also admit if you do not already notice or know, summer is my least favorite time of the year. I don't hate it completely it is just the 4th in line of the order that I enjoy the seasons. I did have an overall good weekend the end of July. Had dear friends from Jacksonville State come visit in the ATL. We tie dyed our own t-shirsts for a braves game we went to on Saturday, attempted to play Wii Rock Band: The Beatles, went to the Cheesecake Factory for our half-price cheesecakes, ate at The Varsity for dinner, got in a minor wreck while heading to the Braves game, amazingly were able to make it to the final 3 innings of the game, and then went to Six Flags on Sunday. If you caught on I got in a wreck. It was due to missing a lane to easily get to our parking lot for the game and once we drove a little (while doing a mini ATL tour accidentally) got back on 75 and I was frustrated because it was going to be difficult to get back to our assigned lot while the construction on 75 caused barely no moving traffic. I was thinking of what I needed to do to get to the lot and hit the back bumper of a truck. People that were in the truck were kind and patient. Yes, my car got minor damage on the front bumper but it is currently in the shop. I aim toward learning from the experience. Had fun at Six Flags although it was very hot and we probably sweated off at least 20 - 30 calories!! 


Until next time, 
Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment