I finally got my teaching certificate in the state of Georgia! I will be mailing out my application to Cherokee County School District for substituting next week!! I am watching some more Atlanta Braves. Tonight the club retired Bobby Cox's number 6. Cox sure was a great manager and has been a big part of my love for baseball and the Atlanta Braves for the past 20 years!! I hope the braves keep up there great team work and make it to post-season with at least the wild card. They are doing well but the Phillie's have been staying strong too. It may be possible the braves to top the Phillie's but it could be difficult unless the the Phillie's fall apart and lose 4 or 5 games in a row.
I am trying to incorporate fitness and exercising into my daily routine. Today I started off with walking a little less than a mile with my dog, Abbey. Then went to Gold's Gym ran on the elliptical for 18:00, worked on some muscle strengthening equipments, walked around the track for about 10:minutes, worked on the hip retention equipment (I love this one, it is easy but you can feel the burn, and I surely need to make my hips as small as possible. I am not mad of having them for a purpose in the future such as being a parent...but would like to shape down a little. Once I got home I did the Wii Sports Fitness Test, played boxing (I love to play boxing on the Wii! I am a pro-boxer...on Wii and knocked out my component and gained 60 or so points.) Then I danced to a handful or so of Just Dance 2...I am not great at every move but sure do make a sweat (call it several hundred sweats) while trying. I surely am not aiming to work this hard every day but I do want to lose a few pounds, have some clothes that fits me again, and to be healthier!
While I was at Gold's Gym listening to my music on my nano iPod this song come on and i decided to include a portion of the lyrics in my post. Enjoy!
Don't try so hard
To move past the moment
These days go by
And they're gone before you know it
So come on, open your window
Let the light shine in
This is life don't miss it
What if you took the time
To really soak it in
'Cause someday you're gonna wish you did
Like a September morning
Like snow without a warning
Like how the summer feels upon your skin
Take a minute maybe
Before the sun goes down
Breathe before your breath runs out
- Don't Miss It - Francesca Battistelli
That is great news dear about the certification!! I am glad we are working on getting fit together! :) Woot!!
ReplyDelete